Sunday, August 21, 2011

It's getting a little ridiculous

This is my daughter that completed the 3rd grade this year. Wait, I don't think you paused and gave that a dramatic enough gasp. I'll re say it. This is my daughter that completed the 3rd grade this year. *insert loud gasp and comments of disbelief here*.

Yes, I know, I know. You can bring your jaw back up from hitting the floor. Mine did the same. My Roo is growing at unexplainable speeds. I have searched and scourged the Internet as to some logical explanation as to why children have to grow up so fast. There was no answer. I even "asked Jeeves.".

I have given up, tried to embrace it, learned I can't embrace it, complained about it, lectured her that she needs to slow down, and now am going to complain as I blog about it.

Regardless, my sweet little child that, I thought was still 4, completed 3rd grade this year. She was thrilled beyond measure for that last day of school and, for some reason, feels as though 4th grade is sure to hold something much more magical and amazing. She acted as though k-3rd was for amateurs and little folk. 4th grade makes you officially old and cool. I guess it's the "upperclassman" of elementary school.

So there you have it friends. If you find a justifiable reason as to why she feels the need to grow so quickly, please let me know. I am about to make her play with rattles and plastic keys to see if it could reverse the vicious cycle a little bit. I'll let you know if it works.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I looked at Riian the other day and, still thinking she's 6, I was quite shocked to realize she'll be 10 in a couple of months. They grow up way to fast