Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Rooster Roo

I’ve always wanted to raise my kids to be better than myself. It never realized one of them would accomplish that by the time she was 9.

Riley is unbelievable. She is who she is and outwardly displays every aspect of who she is.

She is an incredible reader. A 4th grader that is reading at an 8th grade level. She reads any and everything she can get her hands on, so consequently is full of random facts and knowledge. Definitely knows more than I do.

She is a dancer. This girl gets her groove on. I keep waiting for the day that she tells me she is packing her bags to go audition to be America’s favorite dancer on “So You Think You Can Dance”. She’s got rhythm and some pretty sweet moves.

She is an amazing big sister. She loves to teach her sisters, play with them, and help their little minds explore. She is ready and willing to help out in any way she is asked. My two little peanuts are lucky to have such a fantastic older example.

She is such a spiritual little ball of goodness. She definitely keeps both Berns and I on track when we should be doing something that we aren’t. It makes my soul smile.

I’m so proud of the little lady she is becoming. I look back at all she has been through in her 9 short years and can only sigh a sigh of relief that I didn’t mess her up. She is a trouper and one strong cookie. I admire her and the person she is becoming. When I grow up, I want to be like Riley.













1 comment:

brunobicalho said...

You did and have been doing a great job raising Riley!!!

She's lucky to have you guys leading her steps!