Saturday, June 15, 2013

Durango Livin'



My favorite time of the year in Durango is its summers. Well, maybe, I kinda love late spring and fall too. HATE winter…but can tolerate it knowing that the other lovely seasons will soon follow.

We moved to Durango during my favorite time (which is a good thing, because if we would have moved in the dead of winter I would have told Berns “No way, we are going back to the desert”.

Berns’ brother Felipe and wife Mariana came for a visit and we decided to take a stroll down by the railroad tracks and enjoy the beauty that Durango is. Up until now we had been so busy with summer camps (me teaching them) and trying to adjust that we never really took time to “smell the roses”.
It was time. By golly! It had been almost 2 months and I had yet to take the girls exploring. We wandered over to Gazebo Park (I have no idea the real name) and the girls enjoyed looking for snakes and walking along the river. Everything was so lush and green and deliciously beautiful!

I love Durango. End of story. It might be one of the happiest places on earth—someone should tell Mr. Walt. 







No comments: